Cultural Norms with akvilina rieger
"There was so much we didn't know because it was blocked from us. The iron curtain was real. It was like overnight we went from being part of the big ol' USSR to being free and independent Lithuania."
How do you go from have one type of expectations and known experiences in your first country and to almost literally waking up the next day to a new world that you never knew existed? And it's all in your home culture?
Akvilina Reiger has lived in the USA for over 20 years yet she experienced new cultural norms and culture shock in her home country before ever coming across the Atlantic Ocean. Listen to Akvilina and Janese share about learning new cultural norms and becoming so highly adaptable and flexible it's hard to prove or articulate in a tangible way.
- 2 Facts & a Myth
- Experiencing different cultural norms after becoming independent from the USSR
- How family shapes our understanding of our culture
- Traditional ways versus progressive ways
- Why cultural sensitivity in American workplaces is vital to organizational culture
- Akvilina's Top 4 Tips for Learning Cultural Norms
Follow us @everyonesaforeigner on Facebook and Instagram...and remember, we're all foreign to someone!